A bit more about me
What is important for me?
- User experience
That's it. Performance, optimization, technologies used are all part of the way. I want to reach my audience and have people that enjoy using what I build.
What have I learned?
- Front end development. Ergonomics appeals to the craftsman inside me. Building User Experience requires logic and creativity. It is an awesome problem to tackle.
- Software development. Python & SQLite are my favourite tools for handling back-end but I have worked with php & postgres and tried c, ruby, redis, mysql & others. I am not afraid of learning.
- Linux server administration. Including high traffic ecommerce website and back-office for 200+ employee company.
- Be creative. I went through 1 year of art school and am decent at sketching. Do photography since I was 8. Music lover, play guitar and piano. Listen to many podcasts (this american life & 99% invisible among favorites). Was reporter for the European Year of Volunteering in Estonia. Feature at the associative radio back home. I'm not going to be your creative director but we'll understand each other and work well together.
- Team work. I write code for readability, document it, test it. I communicate and follow guide lines. I use git-scm and have worked with other revision control tools.
What have I done?
I have a keen interest in e-learning and my most significant work experiences were with a big French Publisher and a London digital agency specialized in learning.
What do I want to do?
I want to work with web components. I have no doubt it is the future of web development. And if your project has to do with learning (publishing, podcasts, journalism, education, science...), there is a good chance I will be interested. Please don't hesitate to get in touch! I'll call or write you back as soon as possible.